Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
have not tried this..but is sounds good
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, butter, evaporated milk and maple syrup in saucepan on stove.
- Cook and stir until it begins to boil --
- Lower heat and stir and cook for 7 minutes.or until a small drop dropped in cold water.makes a small ball.
- Remove from ehat and add 2 tsps vanilla extract.Stir for 14-15 minutes to cool and thicken.
- Sometimes it willt ake 14-15 minutes to thicken and cool.
- Pour into a buttered 9" square pan.
- Cut into squares to serve.
I haven't tried this recipe but there is one recipe that I used and it was really good. 3 cups brown sugar 1 (5 oz can) evaporated milk 1 cup butter 1 cup icing sugar 1. Combine first 3 ingredients 2. bring to a boil over medium heat 3. Boil to 8-9 min 4. remove from heat and add icing sugar..stir until well mixed 5. Pour into "9 X 9" pan 6. Cool about 15 min in refridgerator and cut into small squares 7. Let cool completly and remove from pan. p.s. I found this recipe on this site but I can't seem to find it now.
I am not sure what it is I did.but it curdled. I used real maple syrup, and all that was required. I threw it away after the 7 minutes, the curdled part was soft ball.but the rest was still liquid form?Not sure what I did wrong, but won't try again to see...