Maple Cream Cookies With Browned Butter Icing
- cream together shortening, vanilla, maple flavoring, brown sugar and eggs.
- in a seperate bowl, stir flour and soda together; add to creamed mixture, alternately with sour cream.
- drop onto greased cookie sheets and bake at 350* until brown.
- do not underbake.
- to prepare icing:.
- melt butter until light golden brown.let cool to room temperature.
- stir in maple extract and milk.
- stir in confectioners' sugar until icing is thicken enough to frost cooled cookies with a thick layer of icing.