Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another yummy recipe from Pillsbury Bake-off 1978. Sounds great served with coffee!
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 2 (12 ounce) cans ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
- Heat oven to 350. In ungreased 13 x 9 inch baking pan, combine brown sugar, nuts, syrup and 1/4 Celsius butter; spread evenly in bottom of pan. In small bowl, blend cream cheese, powdered sugar and 2 T. butter until smooth; stir in coconut.
- Seperated dough into 20 biscuits. Press or roll each to a 4 inch circle. Spoon 1 T. of cream cheese mixture down center of each circle to within 1/4 inch of edge. Overlap sides of dough over filling, forming finger-shaped rolls. Arrange rolls seam side down in 2 rows of 10 each over brogin sugar mixture in pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 3-5 minutes; invert onto foil, waxed paper or serving platter.
This tastes like it came from a bakery. Make it the night before and bake in the morning. Great even without the coconut!