Recipe by Kellie in SLO
I found this recipe on the back of a tube of Jimmy Dean Maple Pork Sausage.
Top Review by Alisa Lea
DH works a lot of overtime and I'm working 2nd shift now we don't get to spend much time together during the week, so Sunday breakfast has become a big thing at our house. He saw this recipe on the comuter screen and kind of made a face. I made them anyway and served with scrambled eggs. After we ate he "suggested" that I make a batch and freeze them so he can take a couple at a time to work and microwave them to have with his morning coffee. I think he likes them! So did the rest of the family. I'll defintely be making these again.
- 1 (12 ounce) packagemaple pork sausage (bulk)
- 1 cup finely chopped cooking apple (Fuji)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (3 ounce) packagequality soft cream cheese
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage in a dry skillet over a low to medium flame.
- When the sausage starts to brown, add chopped apple.
- Stir fry until sausage is thoroughly browned.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Drain excess juice, transfer sausage filling to a bowl.
- Add cream cheese to the warm filling and mix well.
- Separate crescent rolls into triangles and place one tablespoon of filling on wide edge of triangle.
- Roll wide edge of dough towards the “point” of the triangle, enveloping the filling.
- Fold edges of dough over so that filling is completely enclosed with dough.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.