Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- In a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan over medium-high heat, bring maple syrup to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, swirling pan occasionally, until reduced by about a third, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Pour into a glass measure nested in a bowl of ice water and stir constantly until syrup is very thick and barely warm to touch, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from ice water. In a bowl, with a mixer on low speed, beat cream cheese and butter until well blended.
- Beat in powdered sugar. Scrape in reduced syrup; beat until smooth.