Recipe by Mom2Rose
Candy bars, maple cream topping and chocolate syrup? Brownie mix jumpstarts dessert with these indulgent toppers. For garnish you can sprinkle some coarsely chopped maple nut candies on top of the dessert.
- 1 (19 7/8 ounce) package Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
Maple Cream Frosting
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease bottom only of rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches, with shortening.
- Make brownie mix as directed on package, using water, oil and eggs and adding 1 teaspoon maple extract.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Bake as directed.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, mix all Maple Cream Frosting ingredients until well blended; refrigerate.
- Spread frosting over cooled brownies.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Cut dessert into 4 rows by 3 rows.
- Sprinkle each serving with chopped candy, if desired; drizzle with syrup.
- Store covered in refrigerator.