1 hr 20 mins
Jane from Ohio's Note:
This came from the November Good Housekeeping magazine. The picture looked absolutely delicious. I am posting for safe keeping. You can prepare and arrange the sweet potatoes and syrup separtely up to 1 day ahead. Refridgerate separately. Allow both to come to room temperature before baking. Select sweet potatoes the same size so they cook evenly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1.In a covered 6-quart sauce pan, heat whole sweet potates with salt and. enough water to cover to boiling on high.
- 2reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or.
- 3. Just until fork tender
- 5set aside until cool enough to handle.
- 6Meanwhile, in a 1-quart saucepan
- 7heat maple syrup on high till boiling.
- 8Reduce heat to medium.
- 9boil gently 10 to 15 minutes.
- 10or until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- 11Stir in cranberries
- 131/2 teaspoon salt.
- 14cook just until cranberries pop.
- 15about 5 minutes longer.
- 16preheat oven to 400°F.
- 17Cut cooled sweet potates crosswise in 1 inch thick slices.
- 18arrange slices in a shallow 3 quart ceramic or glass baking dish.
- 19overlapping slices if necessary.
- 20Spoon maple-cranberry syrup evenly over potatoes.
- 21Bake uncovered.
- 2220 minutes or until hot.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple-Cranberry Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.3
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.1 mg
- Sodium 476.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g