Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Ocean Spray
- 8 cups plain popped popcorn, remove unpopped kernals
- 1 cup ocean spray craisins, original dried sweetened cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- Place popcorn and sweetened dried cranberries in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar and maple syrup in a small saucepan; add butter.
- Cook over medium heat, until butter melts and mixure comes to a boil, stirring often.
- Cook for about 4 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly, stirring frequently.
- Pour over popcorn mixture, stirring until coated.
- Dip hands in cold water.
- Shape popcorn mixture into 2-inch balls, pressing firmly to hold shape.
- Place on waxed paper; cool completely.
- Let stand overnight to harden.
- Wrap in decorative plastic wrap.