Recipe by ellie3763
from "the perfect pantry" - http://www.theperfectpantry.com/2009/07/maple-syrup-cocktail.html
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan.
- Place dried cranberries and butter in a mixing bowl. Pour boiling water over and stir until butter melts. Allow to cool slightly, then add egg, maple syrup, and walnuts.
- In another bowl, mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour egg mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir until just moistened.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for one hour. Cool before slicing.