The basic recipe here is from a Food Network Canada show called Fixing Dinner, I have adjusted it slightly. It is a very yummy way to cook chicken. Kids like the sweetness. Serve with steamed broccoli and basmati or white rice. I have estimated the prep and cooking times, probably more than is actually needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (675g)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 10 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1Place flour, salt, pepper and rosemary in a bowl or plastic bag.
- 2Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
- 3Heat olive oil in frying pan on medium heat.
- 4Add garlic, when just softened add the chicken and brown on both sides.
- 5Add green onions and mushrooms to pan.
- 6Mix together maple syrup, vinegar and water.
- 7Pour over the browned chicken.
- 8Sprinkle cranberries around chicken pieces.
- 9Reduce heat to a high simmer for 20 minutes (check chicken frequently to make sure the liquid isn't evaporating too much, add a little water at a time if it is, it should be a little saucy).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Cranberry Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.3
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 85.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 29.7 g