Recipe by s-t
The basic recipe here is from a Food Network Canada show called Fixing Dinner, I have adjusted it slightly. It is a very yummy way to cook chicken. Kids like the sweetness. Serve with steamed broccoli and basmati or white rice. I have estimated the prep and cooking times, probably more than is actually needed.
Top Review by Shelly T
My husband and I made this last night and it was really good! We liked the combined flavors of cranberries and garlic. The chicken turned out very moist and tender. The only thing we changed in the recipe was we used white pepper instead of black. While I enjoyed the sweet sauce, my kids complained that it was too sweet for them. I might use less maple syrup next time. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (675g)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 10 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flour, salt, pepper and rosemary in a bowl or plastic bag.
- Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan on medium heat.
- Add garlic, when just softened add the chicken and brown on both sides.
- Add green onions and mushrooms to pan.
- Mix together maple syrup, vinegar and water.
- Pour over the browned chicken.
- Sprinkle cranberries around chicken pieces.
- Reduce heat to a high simmer for 20 minutes (check chicken frequently to make sure the liquid isn't evaporating too much, add a little water at a time if it is, it should be a little saucy).