Recipe by smile_angel_here
This is a delicious corn bread with a subtle taste of maple syrup. I made them once, then lost the recipe. I was so disappointed, that i searched high and low until i found it again. My family was extremely happy!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat egg; add milk, syrup and oil.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9-in.square baking pan.
- Bake at 400 for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve warm.