This is a delicious corn bread with a subtle taste of maple syrup. I made them once, then lost the recipe. I was so disappointed, that i searched high and low until i found it again. My family was extremely happy!!
- In a bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat egg; add milk, syrup and oil.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9-in.square baking pan.
- Bake at 400 for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
- Serve warm.
This is really good. It is more of a cakey texture. I usually make it in the pan, but am making it in muffin tins for guests this weekend.
This is so delicious. I added a few tbs. Of sugar. It was so moist is now a new family favorite. Thanks for posting it.
I was intrigued with the ingredients in this recipe. I made it yesterday and was so pleased with the results, for it is delicious and was very tender. The next time I make it (soon) I'm going to make muffins, for it would be delicious for breakfast or brunch.