Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cooking Light. You need a cast iron skillet for "a crisp crust and moist interior."
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour (about 6 ounces)
- 2⁄3 cup stone-ground cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place an 8-inch cast-iron skillet in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Combine yogurt, syrup, butter, and eggs, stirring with a whisk. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moist (batter will be thick).
- Remove pan from oven; coat pan with cooking spray. Spoon batter into preheated pan, smoothing top with a spatula.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
This went well with our chili tonight. It had just a hint of maple flavor. I used grade B syrup to make mine. Made for *Healthy Choices ABC 2008* game