Recipe by QueenQT26
I got this from a vegan recipe website - http://www.bryannaclarkgrogan.com/page/page/579094.htm. This is a lot cheaper than store-bought granola; it is also made in the microwave, which is good because it doesn't dry out like most granola made in the oven. Low-fat and a lot more nutritious than store-bought, as well. It sounds good, but I haven't tried it yet...lemme know what you think, and cooking/prep times are estimates.
- 2 cups oatmeal (or other rolled wholegrain cereal)
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour (or other wholegrain flour, can use 1/2 c.flour and 1/4 c. wheat germ, if you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup natural bran (wheat, oat, rice)
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup seeds (optional) or 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients well with fingers.
- Spread evenly on waxed paper on the microwave carousel (the amount listed above is for a large microwave - it can be reduced).
- Cook on HI for 3 minutes.
- Stir and spread out evenly again.
- Cook on HI 3 minutes.
- Let stand 3 minutes.
- Add the optional dried fruit, if you like.
- When completely cool, store airtight.