Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Our family LOVES these oats. We mostly eat them cooked, but they are also good cold with milk or as a topping on yogurt. They are great to take on camping trips in place of those little oatmeal packets that are loaded with sugar and artificial flavours.
- 59.14 ml maple syrup
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1419.54 ml quick-cooking oats
- Mix first 4 ingredients in a small bowl or cup.
- Pour over oats (in larger bowl) and mix thoroughly.
- Spread onto two cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325 for half an hour or until golden brown. Cool.
- Serve as a cold cereal or cook in microwave or on the stove with 2 parts water or milk to one part toasted oats until thickened.
This is very easy to put together and very tasty. Not too sweet. I used half rolled oats, and half rolled rye flakes. I had mine cold with milk, but looking forward to trying it hot. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.
It's so good. Not too sweet. Thanks Pastawendy :) Made for PAC Fall 2011
Delicious! Did add dried cranberries and sliced almonds. We had ours cold with milk, microwaved with milk, and experimented with it for an apple/pear crisp (added brown sugar and butter) and that was good, too. Made for Fall PAC 2011. Thanks pastawendy for sharing.