Our family LOVES these oats. We mostly eat them cooked, but they are also good cold with milk or as a topping on yogurt. They are great to take on camping trips in place of those little oatmeal packets that are loaded with sugar and artificial flavours.
- Mix first 4 ingredients in a small bowl or cup.
- Pour over oats (in larger bowl) and mix thoroughly.
- Spread onto two cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325 for half an hour or until golden brown. Cool.
- Serve as a cold cereal or cook in microwave or on the stove with 2 parts water or milk to one part toasted oats until thickened.