Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oh, Baby, this is goood! Made with Maple syrup instead of sugar, and a hint of cinnamon. A lovely twist on an old favorite.
- Crush the quartered strawberries in a large bowl. You should get 4 cups of crushed berries.
- In a non-reactive pot, mix the crushed strawberries, lemon juice, cinnamon, butter, and pectin. Stir well to combine.
- Stir constantly over high heat.
- Bring mixture to a full, rolling boil that cannot be stirred down.
- Add Maple Syrup, stirring constantly.
- Bring back to a rolling boil. Boil hard 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, skim and discard the foam.
- Ladle hot jam into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- wipe rims, place lids on jars and screw on the bands finger tight.
- Process sealed jars in boiling hot water bath canner for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let jars sit for 5 minutes before removing from canner.
- Place on cloth-covered surface to cool.
- It is best not to move the jars for 24 hours.
- Remember to label the jars and write the date on the label.