Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a good syrup with a little different flavour. It does not need to be canned for finishing, just keep syrup in jar with a lid in the refrigerator. Processed in boiling water bath, it will keep for a year, if you don't process the syrup in canning jars it will keep in the refrigerator for a month or so. This is great on pancakes or on My Favourite French Toast, My Favorite French Toast, and is also delish as a dessert sauce.
- 473.18 ml maple syrup
- 118.29 ml mild-flavored honey
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 177.44 ml coarsely chopped pecans
- Combine syrup, honey, and cinnamon in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, stir in vanilla and pecans, simmer 5 minutes.
- Ladle hot syrup into hot sterilized jars, leave 1/4 inch headspace.
- Adjust 2 piece lids, process in boiling water bath (BWB) for 10 minutes.
This was one of the easiest recipes ever!!! I am new at canning and I can say that I love to can now! I did make my maple syrup half and half with regular syrup, my family isn to fond of maple but they all loved this syrup!! it made exact amount it said, I cannned it in 4 oz jars....made great gifts too!!! Thank you
This syrup is so easy to make and has a very nice rich taste. I think the syrup would also be good over vanilla ice cream or sliced fruit for a summer treat. I did not use the canning process, I will keep it in the fridge. Another great recipe bikerchick!