Recipe by bikerchick
This is a good syrup with a little different flavour. It does not need to be canned for finishing, just keep syrup in jar with a lid in the refrigerator. Processed in boiling water bath, it will keep for a year, if you don't process the syrup in canning jars it will keep in the refrigerator for a month or so. This is great on pancakes or on My Favourite French Toast, My Favorite French Toast, and is also delish as a dessert sauce.
- 2 cups maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup mild-flavored honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine syrup, honey, and cinnamon in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, stir in vanilla and pecans, simmer 5 minutes.
- Ladle hot syrup into hot sterilized jars, leave 1/4 inch headspace.
- Adjust 2 piece lids, process in boiling water bath (BWB) for 10 minutes.