Recipe by Nurse Amanda
I created this recipe after not being able to find one that contained exactly what I wanted. It turned out GREAT! I had to make another batch the next day because my family wanted their own! I've used it to mix in yogurt for breakfast or alone as a yummy snack!
- 6 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together oats, wheat germ, coconut, and cinnamon.
- Toast almonds and pecans in an oven at 350 degrees. Then pour nuts into a bowl and mix with dried cranberries.
- Decrease oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, heat maple syrup, honey, brown sugar and oil over medium heat. Once bubbly pour over oat mixture and stir well.
- Spread oat mixture out onto two jelly roll pans.
- Place in oven and heat for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- After the hour is complete, remove from oven and pour into bowl with nuts and dried cranberries. Mix well and let cool before transferring to an air tight container.