1/1 Photo of Maple Cinnamon Bran Buns
This is my mother's recipe that I have been baking for years. It's simple to make and my kids love them. The recipe calls for maple-flavored pancake syrup but I use pure Maple syrup. Note: Stores well in a covered container.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml 100% all-bran cereal
- 236.59 ml milk
- 473.18 ml flour
- 44.37 ml granulated sugar
- 19.71 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 29.58 ml melted butter
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 1Combine cereal and milk; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly.
- 3Add cereal mixture to flour mixture and stir until moistened. Turn onto floured board and knead 10 times until smooth.
- 4Roll out to a 12x8 inch rectangle with a floured rolling pin.
- 5Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon; then scatter raisins evenly overtop.
- 6Roll up from edge jelly roll style; seal the edge. Cut into 12 pieces.
- 7Combine topping ingredients and divide evenly between 12 large greased muffin cups.
- 8Place one piece, cut side down in each cup.
- 9Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- 10Turn out immediately onto rack placed over a wax paper.
- 11Cool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Cinnamon Bran Buns
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.3
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 279.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 22.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g