Recipe by maplegirl04
The sweet-hot mixture of maple, garlic, allspice and chipotle chiles make this a great sauce for chicken, beef, pork or even veggies. (Published with permission from Coombs Family Farms)
- 3 large chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a blender.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over moderately high heat, until hot, but not smoking; add onion and garlic and cook until golden, roughly 5 minutes.
- Add chipotle puree, season with salt and pepper and cook over low heat, roughly 15 minutes, until thickened.
- Stir in lemon juice and allow to cool.