Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in a Mennonite cookbook called Miller Family Cookbook. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like it will be very tasty! With maple, how could you go wrong?
- In a large bowl, stir dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Make a well and add, in order, the salad oil, yolks, cold water and maple flavoring.
- Stir until smooth.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually pour egg yolk mixture over egg whites.
- Fold gently until just blended.
- Gently fold in nuts.
- Pour into an angel food baking pan and bake for 1 hour at 350°F.