Recipe by SmHerndon
To borrow a phrase, this is "finger-lickin' good." Make sure to serve with extra napkins and finger bowls!!! I converted this Essence Great Cooking recipe from a whole chicken to wings and it's so easy to make, probably can also be done in Crockpot. ***See also Maple Baked Chicken Maple Baked Chicken
Top Review by Patsy #3
I thought this was very good and apparently so did my husband as I lost count how many times he said "this is really good" while we were eating it! I didn't just use wings I also threw in a few boneless breasts. I can't wait to try it on a whole chicken!
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 4 tablespoons fried poultry seasoning or 4 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian spices
- salt and pepper
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup or 2⁄3 cup pancake syrup
- 1⁄2 cup prepared mustard (spicy is good)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken under cold water.
- Place in 13x9 baking dish, arranging chicken pieces in single layer. Sprinkle well with poultry seasoning, pepper, marjoram, onion & garlic powder, and Italian seasonings (just sprinkle on to cover, more or less to taste).
- In medium bowl, blend syrup, mustard, lemon juice & brown sugar; pour mixture over chicken.
- Dot with butter, or I like to drizzle on squeeze-bottle parkay.
- Cover with foil, and bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
- Uncover dish, bake basting occasionally with pan juices, until brown & glazed- about 20 additional minutes.
- Transfer to serving platter and garnish with parsley.