Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
from todays ny times, this recipe is from nigella. this can be marinated up to 2 days in advance.
- 1 cup apple cider or 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 pork spareribs
- 6 chicken thighs, with skin and bone
- In a pitcher or mixing bowl whisk together the apple cider, maple syrup, vegetable oil and soy sauce. Add star anise, cinnamon stick, garlic and hot pepper flakes.
- In a large freezer bag or bowl combine pork and chicken. Pour in the apple cider mixture, and seal bag or cover bowl. Refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days.
- Remove marinated mixture from refrigerator, and heat oven to 400 degrees. Pour contents of bag or bowl (including liquid) into a large roasting pan. Turn chicken pieces skin side up.
- Roast until chicken is opaque throughout and ribs are tender, about 1¼ hours; 35 to 40 minutes into roasting turn ribs over, but leave chicken skin side up. Serve hot.