Recipe by kaj030201
This recipe can be made using habanero or jalapeno peppers depending on how HOT you like it! The sweet maple really balances out the fiery habanero leaving your tastebuds dancing! Go to maplepepper.com to order the Maple Pepper with Habanero- it's a VITAL ingredient!
Top Review by littleturtle
The chicken should probably be moved to the top of the ingredient list as it needs to be marinated ahead of time. I missed it and it was either do without marinating overnight or figure out another meal and run to the store, so I marinated for about 20 minutes and seasoned with garlic pepper seasoning to kind of make up for the short marinade time which worked great. The directions also never say what to do with the actual tomatoes, just the juice, so I pureed the peppers with the juice, then added the tomatoes into the processor and pureed again. I don't know if it's what I was supposed to do, but it worked well. DH thought this was very tasty after he got over the differentness of it. I thought it was maybe a little too sweet, but good. I might try cutting back a little on the syrup and adding more of the maple pepper next time. Thanks.
- 1 lb chicken breast (marinated overnight in maple syrup)
- 8 ounces pure maple syrup
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 16 ounces bush's maple baked beans
- 1 lb microwaved thick-cut bacon
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 ounces canned stewed tomatoes
- 5 habanero peppers
- 1 tablespoon highland farms Maple Pepper seasoning with habanero
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine syrup, tomato sauce and baked beans in slow cooker.
- Microwave bacon. Cut into ½- ¾ inch pieces.
- Cook chicken breast as desired (I grilled it). Cut into small pieces.
- Brown red onion with garlic in pan. Add ground chicken and cook thoroughly.
- Add all bacon and chicken to slow cooker and stir.
- Strain juice from can stewed tomatoes into food processor.
- Cut habanero into small pieces. (WEAR GLOVES!) Add to food processor.
- Blend peppers and liquid until no pepper remains. (I kept seeds from 2 of peppers and put into food processor for added heat).
- Add mixture to slow cooker and stir.
- Add tomatoes to slow cooker.
- Add Maple Pepper® brand seasoning w/habanero and chili powder and stir.
- Slow cook for 4 hours or more. (I cooked mine for 12 hours).