Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe can be made using habanero or jalapeno peppers depending on how HOT you like it! The sweet maple really balances out the fiery habanero leaving your tastebuds dancing! Go to maplepepper.com to order the Maple Pepper with Habanero- it's a VITAL ingredient!
- 1 lb chicken breast (marinated overnight in maple syrup)
- 8 ounces pure maple syrup
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 16 ounces bush's maple baked beans
- 1 lb microwaved thick-cut bacon
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 ounces canned stewed tomatoes
- 5 habanero peppers
- 1 tablespoon highland farms Maple Pepper seasoning with habanero
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Combine syrup, tomato sauce and baked beans in slow cooker.
- Microwave bacon. Cut into ½- ¾ inch pieces.
- Cook chicken breast as desired (I grilled it). Cut into small pieces.
- Brown red onion with garlic in pan. Add ground chicken and cook thoroughly.
- Add all bacon and chicken to slow cooker and stir.
- Strain juice from can stewed tomatoes into food processor.
- Cut habanero into small pieces. (WEAR GLOVES!) Add to food processor.
- Blend peppers and liquid until no pepper remains. (I kept seeds from 2 of peppers and put into food processor for added heat).
- Add mixture to slow cooker and stir.
- Add tomatoes to slow cooker.
- Add Maple Pepper® brand seasoning w/habanero and chili powder and stir.
- Slow cook for 4 hours or more. (I cooked mine for 12 hours).