This recipe can be made using habanero or jalapeno peppers depending on how HOT you like it! The sweet maple really balances out the fiery habanero leaving your tastebuds dancing! Go to maplepepper.com to order the Maple Pepper with Habanero- it's a VITAL ingredient!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken breast (marinated overnight in maple syrup)
- 8 ounces pure maple syrup
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 16 ounces bush's maple baked beans
- 1 lb microwaved thick-cut bacon
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 16 ounces canned stewed tomatoes
- 5 habanero peppers
- 1 tablespoon highland farms Maple Pepper seasoning with habanero
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1Combine syrup, tomato sauce and baked beans in slow cooker.
- 2Microwave bacon. Cut into ½- ¾ inch pieces.
- 3Cook chicken breast as desired (I grilled it). Cut into small pieces.
- 4Brown red onion with garlic in pan. Add ground chicken and cook thoroughly.
- 5Add all bacon and chicken to slow cooker and stir.
- 6Strain juice from can stewed tomatoes into food processor.
- 7Cut habanero into small pieces. (WEAR GLOVES!) Add to food processor.
- 8Blend peppers and liquid until no pepper remains. (I kept seeds from 2 of peppers and put into food processor for added heat).
- 9Add mixture to slow cooker and stir.
- 10Add tomatoes to slow cooker.
- 11Add Maple Pepper® brand seasoning w/habanero and chili powder and stir.
- 12Slow cook for 4 hours or more. (I cooked mine for 12 hours).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (519 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 799.0
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 152.8 mg
- Sodium 1376.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 37.5 g
- Protein 46.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Maple Pepper seasoning with habanero