Recipe by Topher
Found this one awhile ago surfing from the Cherry Marketing Institute. Tremendous over pancakes or waffles!
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 orange, juice of, plus
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, plus
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried tart cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine maple syrup, brown sugar, honey, orange juice and zest, lemon juice and zest, butter and cinnamon in a medium saucepan.
- Stir well and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and gently cook for 10 minutes.
- Add cherries; cook 1 minute.
- Serve warm syrup over pancakes or waffles.