Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A different and tasty way to serve grilled meat! Especially good on grilled chicken or pork.
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened tart red cherries, thawed and drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated orange peel
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup (imitation will work)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine water and cornstarch in a medium saucepan, mix well.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Add the cherries, orange peel, syrup, and walnuts.
- Cook, stirring often, over low heat until it is hot.
- Serve warm over grilled meat of your choice.