Recipe by PaulaG
DH saw an advertisement and thought this sounded good. I did some digging and found a recipe that I could modify. Serve with rice to absorb the wonderful sauce.
- 6 (5 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1⁄2 cup dry tart cherries
- 1⁄3 cup cherry juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt (to taste)
- black pepper, freshly cracked (to taste)
Maple Cherry Glaze (use 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups cherry juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the glaze by bringing the cherry juice to a simmer in a non-reactive saucepan and reduce to 1/2 cup.
- Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a quick boil, reduce temperature and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick and stir in vanilla.
- Cool to room temperature and then chill.
- Preheat grill on highest setting; rub the salmon with oil; season with salt and black pepper.
- Divide the glaze using half to baste the salmon while cooking and the other half to drizzle over the salmon when serving.
- Before cooking the salmon, place the 1/3 cup cherry juice and dry tart cherries in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, turn off heat, cover and allow to stand to reconstitute while the fish cooks.
- Place the salmon on the grate and turn down the flame to the medium setting; baste the salmon with the glaze and grill for approximately 6 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily.
- Drizzle the salmon with the cherry glaze and top with reconstituted cherries.