Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Satisfy any sweet tooth with these tasty treats.
- 36 mini paper baking cups
- 1⁄4 cup marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped salted cashews
- Place mini baking cups onto large baking sheet or jelly-roll pan; set aside.
- Microwave marshmallow creme and butter in large microwave-safe bowl on high, stirring once, until melted. Stir in maple flavoring until well mixed. Stir in powdered sugar until well mixed. Place mixture onto waxed paper; knead by hand until smooth dough forms.
- Shape dough into 36 [about 1/2 inch] balls. Place onto waxed paper.
- Combine chocolate chips and shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth.
- Place one ball on small spoon; dip each maple ball into chocolate mixture. Place coated ball into each paper cup.
- Stir chopped cashews into remaining chocolate in bowl. Spoon about 1 rounded teaspoon cashew mixture over each ball, covering entire ball. Let stand until chocolate is set.
- Store between sheets of waxed paper in container with tight-fitting lid at room temperature up to 5 days.
My husband absolutely loves Maple Nut Goodies and I made these for a special treat. He ate most of the batch in about an hour!