Recipe by Slatts
I haven't tried these cookies yet but they sound wonderful. This recipe comes from the "Hay Day Country Market Cookbook." It calls for maple sugar (not syrup) which might be hard to find in some areas. Prep time includes 30 minutes to chill the dough.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted cashews, finely chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup maple sugar
- 48 cashew halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg and mix until combined.
- Stir in chopped cashew pieces.
- Add the flour and mix on low to form a soft dough.
- Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow dough to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and roll in maple sugar.
- Place dough balls onto ungreased baking sheet and press a cashew half firmly into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.