Recipe by queenbeatrice
These are so yummy. The original recipe called for 1 cup milk, I have made these many many times and I only needed 1/2 cup. Annacia, who has reviewed and enjoyed this recipe did not need any, so it would probably be a good idea to check the consistency of your batter and decide wether you need the milk or not.
Top Review by katew
Lovely recipe - I subbed mashed pumpkin for the 1/ cup milk so added the moisture but at the same time added more vegetable !! The result is a lovely golden colour. Made for Everyday is a Holiday.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Beat together the butter, egg and syrup.
- Add the carrots and oats and blend well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and allspice.
- Combine the two mixtures together.
- If necessary add milk.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.