Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Slice..when you want something that everyone can share equally, that's make and take, that says, "I've put the effort in but I've not gone overboard", make a slice. Morning tea or afternoon tea, after dinner, slice, it's got it all. Try this one, I love maple syrup and caramel so this is a match made in heaven... and it's a slice. Hooray!
- 200 g plain un-iced chocolate biscuits, crushed finely
- 45 g desiccated coconut
- 200 g butter, melted
- 100 g dark chocolate, melted (eating chocolate)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 395 g sweetened condensed milk
- 60 g butter
- 2 tablespoons maple-flavor syrup
- Grease 19cm x 29cm rectangle slice pan, line base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edge of pan.
- Combine biscuit crumbs, coconut and butter in large bowl, press over base of prepared pan.
- Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- Spread hot maple caramel over crumb layer, cover,; refrigerate until firm. Spread combined chocolate and oil over slice; leave to set.
- Maple caramel: Combine ingredients in medium saucepan; whisk over heat until butter melts. Simmer, whisking constantly, about 8 minutes of until mixture thickens and is dark, golden brown.
very gd.Took some to darts and it was a hit,had recipe request.I'm not gd at the caramel bit but this turned out well.Thanks.