Slice..when you want something that everyone can share equally, that's make and take, that says, "I've put the effort in but I've not gone overboard", make a slice. Morning tea or afternoon tea, after dinner, slice, it's got it all. Try this one, I love maple syrup and caramel so this is a match made in heaven... and it's a slice. Hooray!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g plain un-iced chocolate biscuits, crushed finely
- 45 g desiccated coconut
- 200 g butter, melted
- 100 g dark chocolate, melted (eating chocolate)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1Grease 19cm x 29cm rectangle slice pan, line base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edge of pan.
- 2Combine biscuit crumbs, coconut and butter in large bowl, press over base of prepared pan.
- 3Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- 4Spread hot maple caramel over crumb layer, cover,; refrigerate until firm. Spread combined chocolate and oil over slice; leave to set.
- 5Maple caramel: Combine ingredients in medium saucepan; whisk over heat until butter melts. Simmer, whisking constantly, about 8 minutes of until mixture thickens and is dark, golden brown.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Caramel Slice
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.2
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 28.9 mg
- Sodium 138.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 2.6 g