Recipe by MellowMel
Slice..when you want something that everyone can share equally, that's make and take, that says, "I've put the effort in but I've not gone overboard", make a slice. Morning tea or afternoon tea, after dinner, slice, it's got it all. Try this one, I love maple syrup and caramel so this is a match made in heaven... and it's a slice. Hooray!
- 200 g plain un-iced chocolate biscuits, crushed finely
- 45 g desiccated coconut
- 200 g butter, melted
- 100 g dark chocolate, melted (eating chocolate)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 395 g sweetened condensed milk
- 60 g butter
- 2 tablespoons maple-flavor syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 19cm x 29cm rectangle slice pan, line base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above edge of pan.
- Combine biscuit crumbs, coconut and butter in large bowl, press over base of prepared pan.
- Cover; refrigerate until firm.
- Spread hot maple caramel over crumb layer, cover,; refrigerate until firm. Spread combined chocolate and oil over slice; leave to set.
- Maple caramel: Combine ingredients in medium saucepan; whisk over heat until butter melts. Simmer, whisking constantly, about 8 minutes of until mixture thickens and is dark, golden brown.