Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe found in The Frugal Gourmet Cooks American. It is rich and different from your usual sweet-potato recipe.
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider or 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Boil the potatoes in their jackets until nearly done.
- Peel, slice, and put into a baking dish.
- Bring the remaining ingredients to a boil and pour over the potatoes.
- Bake at 300 degrees, uncovered, for 1 hour, or until the potatoes are glazed and the syrup has thickened a bit.
- Baste them twice or three times during the baking process.
Tried this tonight with one change - lacked apple juice so subbed orange juice - was delicious with a nice citrusy taste - definitely will make again