Top Review by Squedunk
My cake turned out very dry, however the flavor was good. I followed the recipe as written, the only thing I could figure out is maybe I should have shortened the baking time. I will try it again.
- 1 package white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maple flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl blend first five ingredients until moistened.
- Beat 2 minutes at highest speed.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool upright in pan for 25 minutes.
- Turn onto serving plate.
- Cool completely.
- Blend glaze ingredients in small bowl until smooth.
- If needed add a few more drops of milk.
- Spoon over cooled cake.