Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is based on one from Food Everyday, the November 2006 issue.
Make and share this Maple Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 236.64 ml unsalted butter, plus more for pan, at room temperature (2 sticks)
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour, plus more for pan (spooned and leveled)
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml pure maple syrup
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml pure maple syrup
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 236.59-354.88 ml confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F Prepare a 9-inch square baking pan with butter and flour; set aside. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to combine; set aside.
- Add butter, maple syrup, and sugar to large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Mix in vanilla.
- Beginning and ending with flour mixture, with mixer on low speed, alternately add flour mixture in 3 parts and sour cream in 2 parts. Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top with spatula or knife. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and place on rack right side up. Cool completely.
- MAPLE GLAZE:.
- Make glaze after cake is completely baked and cooled.
- Combine maple syrup and melted unsalted butter in a bowl. Sift in confectioners’ sugar; whisk to combine. Adjust consistency with syrup or sugar, if necessary.
- Pour over cake, spreading to edges (it may drip down the sides). Let set, at least 15 minutes, before serving.