Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This creamy, sweet, decadent side dish is made lactose free by using ghee or clarified butter (butter that has had all of the lactose and casein removed). You can purchase ghee or make your own at home. It adds a creamy and nutty taste to this dish. If you can eat lactose and casein, use regular butter and whole milk or cream.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee or 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons rice milk or 3 tablespoons soymilk or 3 tablespoons almond milk
- Peel squash, cut in half lengthwise, and remove seeds.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes and steam until tender.
- Place steamed butternut squash cubes and all other ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve hot or warm.