1/1 Photo of Maple Butternut Squash Puree [ Lactose-Free ]
What's Cooking?'s Note:
This creamy, sweet, decadent side dish is made lactose free by using ghee or clarified butter (butter that has had all of the lactose and casein removed). You can purchase ghee or make your own at home. It adds a creamy and nutty taste to this dish. If you can eat lactose and casein, use regular butter and whole milk or cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel squash, cut in half lengthwise, and remove seeds.
- 2Cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes and steam until tender.
- 3Place steamed butternut squash cubes and all other ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- 4Blend until smooth and creamy.
- 5Serve hot or warm.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Butternut Squash Puree [ Lactose-Free ]
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.0
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 166.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: