Recipe by Julie Tremmel
Easy and tasty recipe that I crave during the holiday season. Makes the kitchen smell wonderful. Great served along roasted chicken or smoked pork chops.
Top Review by annroberts54
I made this for a potluck tonight and got many rave reviews. I didn't have enough maple syrup on hand and had to substitute part fake stuff but it was still good. I am anxious to try it with all real.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out and discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in microwave safe dish and 1/2 inch water and microwave 12-14 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine syrup, raisins, butter, cardamom and allspice; set aside.
- When squash in cool enough to handle remove rind and cut in 1 inch pieces. Place squash in a 13 by 9 inch baking dish that was coated with non-stick spray. Drizzle with maple syrup mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake @ 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake and additional 10-15 minutes longer until tender.