Recipe by SassiFras
I found this recipe in the Miami Herald. I'm posting this to Zaar because I don't want to lose it. I haven't made it yet, but will do soon. This one sounds to good to pass up! Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk or 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk, cold
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped, toasted
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 quart butter pecan ice cream, softened until just melty at the edges
Directions See How It's Made
- Place milk, pecans, and maple syrup in a blender and blend to break down the pecans and mix thoroughly, about 30 seconds.
- Add the ice cream and pulse several times to begin breaking it up. With the blender motor off, use a flexible spatula to mash the mixture down onto the blender blades.
- Continue pulsing, stopping, and mashing until the mixture is well blended, thick, and moves easily in the blender jar, roughly 30 to 90 seconds.
- Pour into a chilled glass or glasses, and serve at once.