Recipe by PaulaG
I had something very similar while in Vancouver last summer. They were served for brunch with Canadian bacon on the side. You cut into these babies and the maple butter cream pours out onto the plate for a true taste delight.
Basic Dessert Crepe Batter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Maple Butter Cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups butter, divided
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple extract
- powdered sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients for the crepes in blender container in order given; blend for 1 minute.
- Scrape down sides of container with rubber spatula and blend for another 15 seconds or until smooth.
- Refrigerate batter for at least 1 hour; cook crepes on crepe griddle as per manufacturers suggestion using 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter per crepe or in traditional pan.
- For the maple cream cut the butter into cubes and allow to reach room temperature.
- Blend 2 cups of the butter with the maple syrup and extract; whip until light.
- Microwave serving plates until warm or place in prehated oven on low heat to warm.
- Melt the remaining 1/2 cup of butter and set aside.
- Spread cooked, warm crepes with the whipped butter mixture and quickly roll crepes up, drizzle lightly with melted butter.
- In desired sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve any left over whipped butter on the side.
- Please note that the prep time includes the time needed to chill the crepe batter.