1/1 Photo of Maple Butter Cookies
4 hrs 15 mins
This is an old Gourmet recipe. The actual recipe used a maple leaf cookie cutter, but as you can see from the photo, I only had hearts. Very nice, mellow, maple-ish flavour. While these taste nice unglazed, the additional punch of maple takes it over the top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup grade b maple syrup (or Grade A maple syrup flavored with 3 drops maple extract, or to taste)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in maple syrup and egg yolk.
- 2Combine salt and flour; fold into butter mixture.
- 3Chill dough, wrapped well in plastic wrap, until firm; about 2 hours or overnight.
- 4Dough may be made 4 days ahead and kept chilled.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°.
- 6Divide dough in half; place remainder back in refrigerator.
- 7Lightly flour work surface, and quickly roll out to 1/8-inch thickness.
- 8Cut out cookies with floured cutters; reroll any cut any scraps.
- 9Repeat process with second batch of dough.
- 10(If using maple leaf cutters, mark cookies decoratively with back of knife.).
- 11Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- 12While cookies are cooling, combine ingredients for glaze.
- 13When cookies have completely cooled, dip into glaze, and allow to dry on wire racks.
- 14Cookies keep in airtight containers 1 week.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.2
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 79.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g