Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is as close as I could come too my favorite dessert at Applebee's.
Make and share this Maple Butter Blondie Dessert (Like Applebee's) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine or 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup loosely chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup white chocolate, chunk (or chips)
Maple butter sauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- For Brownies:.
- In mixer blend butter, and brown sugar.
- Then add baking powder, salt, vanilla, and then eggs.
- Mix in flour.
- fold in chips and nuts.
- Grease a 9 by 13-inch pan and smooth brownie mixture in with a spatula.
- Bake 350°F for 22-25 minutes.
- Top should be shiny and firm when you touch the center with a finger -- do not over bake or it will be dry (oven temps may vary so watch brownies closely).
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, remove from heat and add flavoring.
- To assemble:.
- While they are still warm, cut brownies into 12 pieces, they may be a little crumbly--they are more cake like in texture.
- Place a brownie on a plate and top with 2 scoops of ice cream.
- Then drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with more nuts.
My husband and I love Applebee's Maple Blondie dessert. If your also a fan,you have to try this recipe.It's WONDERFUL!!!! I also reduced the maple flavoring to 1/2 tsp.
I made this recipe last night and it is delicious! I added the maple flavoring 1/2 a tsp at a time just in case it tasted too strong per a previous comment. It's just like the one in Applebees!
This was literally oozing butter. Probably need to cut the butter in the brownie recipe by half, or at least one stick. It took 10 minutes longer to bake than recipe stated and it went totally flat out of the oven due to so much butter. I put the leftover in the fridge and later, butter had oozed out of it and all the bottom if the brownie was sitting in congealed butter. Was it eaten? Yes, so three stars instead of two. i really think three sticks has got to be a typo! I already had a sauce made so I didnt follow the recipe for the sauce.