This is as close as I could come too my favorite dessert at Applebee's.
Make and share this Maple Butter Blondie Dessert (Like Applebee's) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine or 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup loosely chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup white chocolate, chunk (or chips)
Maple butter sauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- For Brownies:.
- In mixer blend butter, and brown sugar.
- Then add baking powder, salt, vanilla, and then eggs.
- Mix in flour.
- fold in chips and nuts.
- Grease a 9 by 13-inch pan and smooth brownie mixture in with a spatula.
- Bake 350°F for 22-25 minutes.
- Top should be shiny and firm when you touch the center with a finger -- do not over bake or it will be dry (oven temps may vary so watch brownies closely).
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, remove from heat and add flavoring.
- To assemble:.
- While they are still warm, cut brownies into 12 pieces, they may be a little crumbly--they are more cake like in texture.
- Place a brownie on a plate and top with 2 scoops of ice cream.
- Then drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with more nuts.