Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Designed to convert non-brussels sprout-ians!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium low heat; cook onions, stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes until tender and golden.
- Add brussels sprouts and 1/4 cup of water; increase heat to high, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in maple syrup; cook, uncovered and stirring, for 5 to 10 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and brussels sprouts are tender and coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Yum Yum Yum what's not to like about Brussels sprouts and this recipe was very nice an other way to serve them. Thank you for posting. Made for a rainbow of colour. The diabetic forum.
Well...I made these for PAC 2007 and I'm glad I did. I never have met a brussel sprout I did not HATE before. I can see why you say they are "designed to convert non-brussels sprout-ians!" The rest of the family wiped out the entire bowl in minutes. Made for PAC 2007. Thanks, country girl kim.
Delicious. I used frozen baby brussel sprouts, and let them steam longer. Thanks Kim!