1/3 Photos of Maple Brussels Sprouts With Bacon
Maple syrup and bacon gives these sprouts a whole different experience. A side of brussels sprouts that the kids will/may eat? ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups fresh Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 onion, diced about 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- maple syrup (drizzle to coat)
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 1Mix brussel sprouts, olive oil, water and salt in a microwave dish and microwave for 5 minutes or till tender.
- 2Meanwhile fry bacon till crisp, drained and crumbled, set aside.
- 3Heat oil in a frying pan brown onions for 5 minutes add garlic and seed cook for 1 minute.
- 4Add balsamic vinegar to pan deglaze scraping any goodness from pan.
- 5Toss cooked brussel sprouts drizzle with syrup warming through.
- 6Garnish with bacon.
- 7Season with salt and pepper if needed.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Brussels Sprouts With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.8
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.3 mg
- Sodium 323.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 5.3 g