Recipe by Rita~
Maple syrup and bacon gives these sprouts a whole different experience. A side of brussels sprouts that the kids will/may eat? ;)
- 5 cups fresh Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 onion, diced about 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- maple syrup (drizzle to coat)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix brussel sprouts, olive oil, water and salt in a microwave dish and microwave for 5 minutes or till tender.
- Meanwhile fry bacon till crisp, drained and crumbled, set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan brown onions for 5 minutes add garlic and seed cook for 1 minute.
- Add balsamic vinegar to pan deglaze scraping any goodness from pan.
- Toss cooked brussel sprouts drizzle with syrup warming through.
- Garnish with bacon.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.