Recipe by Hey Jude
We like those packets of maple brown sugar oatmeal but don't like paying the high price for them. I found this in an issue of Quick Cooking and tried it and we were thrilled with the taste. Save some money with this recipe if you like this type of oatmeal in the morning. I'm listing this recipe as 9 servings for the mix itself. The oatmeal amount listed is for one serving.
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For each batch of oatmeal
- 2⁄3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first seven ingredients and mix well; store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months; this will make about 9 servings of oatmeal.
- To prepare: Combine oats and 2 tablespoons of oatmeal mix; add enough boiling water until oatmeal is desired consistency.
- sprinkle with additional brown sugar if desired.