Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from my veggie favorites folder, I make it quite often, it's a wonderful recipe for baby carrots, you can also use regular carrots sliced into about 1/2-inch thick pieces, if you are making this to serve to guest, the baby carrots make for a nicer presentation. This complete recipe can be doubled.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baby carrots
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter (no subs!)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer until carrots are crisp-tender (about 5-8 minutes).
- Uncover and cook until juices are reduced (about 5 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper.
Excellent tasting! I did learn you shouldn't use lite syrup...it never reduces even if you cook it for 20 minutes (which was totally my fault, but a good lesson learned). Definitely a keeper, though!
Very easy, a bit fool proof which was perfect for me since i am always missing or adding too much of something. Loved it!
Carrots don't get any better than this. Try doubling the sauce to make them even more special!