3 hrs 15 mins
This recipe is off of the foodnetwork.com site. I have made a maple brined turkey before and it was absolutely delicious. Not sweet, not salty but very moist. Posted this recipe so I wouldn't lose it again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all the ingredients, except the turkey, in a large pot and bring to a boil, stirring until the salt dissolves. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- 2Line a large stockpot with an unscented garbage bag and put the turkey into the pot. Pour the cooled brine over the bird, close and seal the bag, and refrigerate overnight.
- 3Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the turkey from the brine, dry well, and discard the brine.
- 4Roast the turkey as you normally would, approximately 15 minutes a pound. Let stand for 30 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Brined Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (773 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 823.3
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 301.0 mg
- Sodium 15398.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 90.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: