Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
and yet another brine for ellie
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup grade b maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons juniper berries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 12 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 8 cups water
- 4 center-cut pork loin chops, 1 1/2 inches thick
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil, for grilling
- mix all the brine ingredients together, bring to a boil.
- stir to dissolve sugar, salt, maple syrup remove from heat and cool.
- add the pork chops to the brine in a large bowl and refrigerate for up to 12 hrs remove from brine, pat dry.
- brush chops with oil, season with pepper and heat on the grill for 10-12 minutes per side or until internal temp reaches 150-160 serve with salsa or chutney if you wish.
Very good pork chops, but a little too salty for our tastes--next time I will half the salt. I used boneless thick pork chops and cooked them on the broiler instead of on the grill without any problems. We served these with Yummy Apple Salad recipe#59054 and boiled green beans with Apple Crips Plus recipe#58670 for desert for a delicious middle-of-the week supper. Thanks Chia for sharing.