Prep 25 mins
Cook 9 hrs
The cooking time includes 8 hours chilling time.
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons whole allspice
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless pork chops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, mekted
- 2 ripe plums, halved and pitted
- 2 ripe peaches, halved, and pitted
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Place the first 8 ingredients, through maple syrup into a pan, bring to a boil, and dissolve salt.
- Cool, and seal pork and brine in a zip-loc plastic bag, chill for 8 hours, and drain.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Grill pork on a rack coated with cooking spray 3 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
- Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons each of syrup, and butter and brush onto fruit.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each salt, and pepper.
- Grill fruit, cut sides down, on rack coated with cooking spray for 3 minutes.
- Cut each peach, and plum half again, and serve with pork.
This is a good way to prepare chops! I made half the recipe and used 2 boneless, thick-cut chops and they were juicy and tender. I didn't include the fruit. Made for Everyday Holiday.