1/1 Photo of Maple Brined, Chicken Fingers
Cap'n Ron's Note:
I've been wanting to make these ever since I came up with Better than Granny's, Maple Fried Chicken. So here I am with some extra chicken breasts, and figured that this was the time. They have a nice crispy texture. with the hint of Maple Syrup to the chicken. Butt Kickin' Blacken contains neither salt nor sugar, and is available at http://www.capnrons.com/index.html?id=RZ_MB_CF If you use a different spice blend, you will probably have to adjust for their salt content.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, Grade B, Dark Amber
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning, Butt Kickin' Blacken, Jamaican Jerk
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1Slice the chicken into 3 thin pieces, then cut each piece in half.
- 2Make the brine by combining the first 5 ingredients. Place the chicken in a plastic bag, add the marinade, and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, but 24 hours is OK. Leaving the chicken in the brine overnight will give the chicken enough time to absorb the flavor of the Maple Syrup.
- 3Mix the flour and seasonings together in a large flat pan like a jelly roll pan (I use a half chafer pan 'cause of the high sides. Take the chicken out of the bag with tongs, lay in the flour mixture then turn over. Take 3 legs and 3 thighs out to coat with this flour mixture. Rub the flour into the chicken with your hands, don't shake off the excess and place in a pan to get ready for frying.
- 4Heat the oil to about 300°F in a black frying pan, and place the chicken in being careful not to splash the oil.
- 5Leave the chicken alone for 10 - 12 minutes. When you start to see some blood being forced out of the chicken (this means that the chicken is cooking), carefully turn them over. Leave another 10 - 12 minutes. The second side should be well colored.
- 6Place them either on paper towels, or on a rack in a sheet pan, and season immediately with salt and a little more Butt Kickin' Blacken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Brined, Chicken Fingers
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 787.4
- Calories from Fat 558
- Total Fat 62.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 2739.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 18.8 g