Brining pork is a way of improving texture and flavor, since brining meat causes meat to absorb liquid, a seasoned brining liquid makes a for a much juicier and tastier cut of pork. This is a brine I have used in the past when I grill thick-cut pork chops, I really believe that you will never go without brining your chops again after you have tasted this. I have also used this same brine on my pork roasts when I rotisserie them on the outdoor grill. Plan ahead the chops or roast need to brine for a minimum of 10 hours, but no longer than 10 hours, they will start to take on the texture and flavor of a ham, brine your meat early in the morning to grill in the evening, I have even brined for 5 hours and the pork was till moist, remember Kosher salt only, regular coarse salt will create an overpowdering salty taste.
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup kosher salt (use ONLY Kosher salt!)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup gin
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- 10 -12 garlic cloves, minced (or smashed)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 8 cups water
- 10 -12 thick-cut pork chops (center cut, about 1-1/2 inch thick)
- 1Mix all the brine ingredients together in a pot and bring to a boil.
- 2Turn off heat and stir the brine well with a spoon to insure the sugar, salt and maple syrup has dissolved.
- 3Let the brine cool, then place brine in a large glass dish or bowl.
- 4Add in pork chops (making certain that all the chops are covered completely with brine).
- 5Cover and refrigerate for NO MORE than 10 hours.
- 6Remove the pork from the brine and pat dry without rinsing.
- 7Season the pork with pepper ONLY (do not season with salt they are salty enough from the brine!).
- 8Grill as desired.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Brine for Grilled Pork Chops or Pork Roasts
Serving Size: 1 (4654 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.9
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 3894.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 34.3 g
- Protein 22.9 g